Further bulk-head modifications

As one examines a certain Exige GT3 engine bay with the intent to plan the fluid passage-ways, one may find one’s self slightly stumped by the obnoxious and inconveniently located original Exige inner rear side panels. Said panels obstruct a vast amount of potential air flow from our modified GT3 side scoops; therefore making the location of the air intake, oil cooler, etc. quite obscure and inconvenient.
Yes it has been recognize that said panels do add some structural rigidity to the bulkhead and side pods, however after months if not YEARS of consideration, bickering, and heated argument…  THEY HAVE BEEN CUT OFF!!!

…..And then; the remaining sections where  reinforced by bonding carbon-Kevlar panels in place.

Now; we can plumb, duct, and mount to our hearts content!

Have a look at the pics and let us know what you think!!!

Car dolly

Due to the car’s general lack of mobility, low working height, and dusty nature of the current body-work endeavours… The decision to get the N2 on a workshop roller dolly was finally made.
Since some spare stainless tubing made itself available after a substantial work-shop clean-up, it only seemed appropriate to construct an eccentric trellis frame worthy of holding such an elegant race machine.

I give you… The Caterham Seven roller dolly!!  Now all it needs is an engine, and we shall deem it: “Project N3”!!!


Material: 38mm OD 1.5mm thick 304 stainless tubing, spare urethane 6000lb 360 degree castor wheels, and a whole lot of stainless welding rod.

I’ll stop the words and let the pics do the talking.










Air shifter/ engine mount

Due to the unfortunate misplacement of our original engine/ air shifter brackets, we were forced to re-design and manufacture.
This being said we took the opportunity to improve upon our previous design. Initially we had a large block of aluminum water-jet cut to a rough profile, and then further machined for lightening and mounting points.

I’ll let the pictures do the talking.




Firewall modification

As we’re now at the stage of fitting the rear clam, certain “standard lotus” body components seem to be affecting the clam alignment.

So instead of cutting EVEN MORE of our lovely carbon clam away, we opted to modify the rear firewall/ side sills so that the clam slid on nicely and also maintained a barrier between the cockpit and engine bay.


Teaser pics…

the body work is finally staring to come together; the panels are FINALLY almost lined up, trimmed, and fastened down.

All of that considered, and a much needed shop clean-up. I just couldn’t think of a better opportunity to take some pictures to show you guys!!!

And just for kicks… we mocked up some spare wheels and the rear wing for extra “flare”!!





Front clam side aero-catches

The mounts for the side aero catch pins have been fabricated and are now mounted in-place.

Therefore we can now deem the front clam…


Stay tuned for updates on the mounting of the rear clam and custom side pods!!!




Carbon Fiber Rear Clam!!!

Seeing as we have a weight target of 780KG’s for the entire car, we decided to replace our glass fiber rear clam with a Carbon rear clam to keep the weight down.

We where able to track down a genuine Carbon Exige GT3  rear clam and I must say… Not only is this puppy light, but it’s a work of art. All of the fibre orientations and core materials are configured to keep the clam as stiff and strong as possible.

And since we had a genuine Exige, glass fiber GT3, and CF GT3 rear clams all at the shop… Naturally the first thing we did was, WEIGH THEM!!!

Origional Exige>> 24.3KG

GF GT3>> 16KG

CF GT3>> 8KG

Enjoy the pics.