T45 Racing Wishbone Kit
There is clearly a need for a serious set of bearing ended wishbones, made from a suitable aerospace grade material, so we have decided to make a complete set of Full Race wishbones from the best materials for our own car, and these are available to order.
The main parts of the wishbone are made from T45 tube, which can be welded to certain alloyed steels for the end fittings and if welded with the correct filler wire do not require heat treatment after welding.
As the Lotus wishbone design has been arrived at with mass production in mind, the design can be improved a lot when coming up with Racing wishbones. The resulting items are very stiff and light, yet will fold in a heavy impact reducing the damage to the chassis. We have retained the ability to fit our Wishbone Inner Bearing Kit, so all wishbones come complete with fully Teflon (PTFE) lined spherical bearings fitted to all ends.
The wishbones are TiG welded by a Motorsport welding company that make wishbones for some of the fastest race cars on earth. We then finish them with a coating of black zinc, which can easily be inspected for cracks or damage whereas many other coatings (like powder coating) cover the wishbone with a flexible skin that does not always show any defects.
• T45 super high strength lightweight alloy steel tubing
• EN14T high strength steel bearing end machined parts
• Fully TiG welded by motorsport wishbone welding company
• Black electroplate finish
• 18mm PTFE lined JAPANESE outer spherical bearings
• 15mm PTFE lined inner spherical bearings
• Aluminium spacers machined in 7075-T6 and HARD ANODISED
• Fully O-ring sealed